Shawnee Forest Volunteer Corps announces spring work days | News
(KFVS) - The Shawnee National Forest Volunteer Corps is inviting volunteers to join them to help assist with upcoming trail work days.
Whether a first time beginner or seasoned trail crew veteran, the Corps says no certain level of experience is needed as training; including how to perform activities safely.
Volunteers will be joining Shawnee National Forest employees in stewardship efforts at several locations on the Hidden Springs and Mississippi Bluff Ranger Districts. With the arrival of spring to the Southern Illinois region, the Corps says each work day will encompass a fun, hands-on, teamwork centered approach with a backdrop of budding trees, blooming wildflowers and much more.
The following dates and locations from spring 2013 have been scheduled:
Join the Forest and other volunteers to maintain the Indian Point Trail at Garden of the Gods on:
- Saturday, February 9 – 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Sunday, February 24 – 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Sunday, March 10 – 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Sunday, April 7 – 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Sunday, April 21 – 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Saturday, May 11 – 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Saturday, May 18 – 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Join the Forest and other volunteers to maintain Panther Den on:
- Saturday, February 23 – 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Saturday, March 2 – 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m
- Saturday, March 16 – 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m
- Sunday, March 31 – 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m
- Saturday, April 20 – 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m
Please call the Shawnee Volunteer Corps at 618-833-8576 (ext. 103) to pre-register for one of the workdays and/or for more information. Volunteers are asked to wear long pants, sturdy shoes and to also bring a lunch and water bottle for each volunteer day.
If you have questions regarding volunteering with the Shawnee Volunteer Corps, please contact Kelly Pearson, Volunteer Coordinator, at 618-833-8576 (ext. 103) or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright 2013 KFVS. All rights reserved.