Ameren Illinois to present "Staying Safe and Secure" | Events
MARION, IL (KFVS) - Ameren Illinois will present "Staying Safe and Secure" on Tuesday, May 17 at the Ameren Illinois Marion Operating Center.
The program will feature important public safety and security information. It will start at 10 a.m. The center is located at 1800 West Main Street in Marion, Ill.
According to Ameren Illinois, areas to be featured in the program include:
- Portable generator safety- includes special display created to show how to use a generator without creating hazards that can cause serious injury or death
- Natural gas safety- what to do and what not to do when a natural gas leak is suspected
- Dogs- why they can sometimes cause major problems and serious injuries, how to keep dogs friendly
- Copper theft- not only a utility problem, a property owner can become a victim
- Emergency preparedness- receive a well-equipped starter kit that show what to do to keep loved ones safe
Copyright 2011 KFVS. All rights reserved