Educational workshops on fracking scheduled | Events
(KFVS) - The University of Illinois Extension has announced educational workshops to help landowners better understand Oil and Gas leases.
According to the university, leasing farmland for oil and gas production is experiencing revitalization. They say speculators and land brokers are trying to secure leases of large blocks of lands. Leasing and drilling activity is expected to increase in the Southern Illinois area.
In addition to helping landowners better understand these leases, the university says there will be an opportunity to ask questions of the presenters who have many years' experience in this field and who have been recognized for their knowledge of leases and working around large oil booms.
The scheduled workshops include:
- Wednesday, Aug. 1 - Visual and Performing Arts Center at Southeastern Illinois College in Harrisburg from 9:30 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Wednesday, Aug. 1 - Conference rooms F 118/119 at John A. Logan College in Carterville from 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 2 - Gambit Event Center at Gambit Golf Club in Vienna from 9:30 a.m. to 12 p.m.
The workshops are free to participate, but pre-registration is required. You can register online by clicking here or by calling the university at one of the following:
- Johnson County - 618-658-5321
- Saline County - 618-252-8391
- Williamson County - 618-993-3304
When registering, the university asks that you specify the date, time and location of the workshop you plan to attend.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.